The 25177 Foundation Presents:
The Kyle Hall Memorial Scholarship
St. Albans High School
The Kyle Hall Memorial Scholarship was named in honor of the father of the 25177 Foundation’s president, Walter Hall. Mr. Hall spent many years as a truck driver, moving goods across the country to customers. He instilled a strong work ethic and an understanding of the importance of community service in his three children, Debbie Hall Bliss, Walter and Teresa Hall Morris – values that continue today through the work of the 25177 Foundation.
The Kyle Hall Memorial Scholarship is a one-time payment of $500 to a high school senior who demonstrates the values for which Mr. Hall was well known throughout the St. Albans area and who plans to enroll in a Trade School after graduating from high school. One or two scholarships will be awarded each year to students at St. Albans High School.
Applicants are required to submit:
- a completed application, which can be obtained from the Counseling Center at St. Albans High School and the 25177 Foundation’s website;
- proof of a cumulative high school GPA of 2.75 or higher;
- a one to two page essay on your intended course of study in trade school, your plans after trade school and how community service has and will continue to play a part in your life;
- a recommendation letter from a teacher, coach or other non-related adult;
- proof of at least 25 hours of community service during your senior year of high school; and
- a copy of your trade school acceptance letter with verification that you will attend college beginning in the fall of 2022.
The application and all attachments must be submitted to Mr. Herscher in the Counseling Center no later than March 18, 2022.
Please be aware of the stipulation that if you are chosen to receive the scholarship and do not complete the Fall 2022 semester of trade school, you will be expected to return the scholarship award to the 25177 Foundation within ten days of withdrawing from school.
Questions? Contact the 25177 Foundation at 25177Foundation@gmail.com.
2017 Barbara Hall Memorial Scholarship recipients Katie Walker and Suzanna Teel. Katie plans to attend the University of Charleston to study psychology and Suzanna plans to attend Marshall University to study nursing.